Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Semana de Feria, Playa El tunco, y Regresar.

Hello all,
Starting from the last word in the title, we are back. It has been an eventful week here in our neck of the rain forest. Today, I arrived at school to find another teacher had called in sick, so I substituted for the 3rd grade class. They had a test, we went over vocabulary words and they did a book review in groups. One of their words was imaginary. They had to use it in a sentence and most of them were using it improperly. For example, the common mistake was, "I imaginary a dragon outside." Using the chalk board, I gave them examples of the proper use of the word. Later one girl came up to me and handed me a piece of folded paper that said:
From: Laura
To: Mister Alex
You! are! drawing of a heart, a good! Teachers!
When I opened it up there was a drawing of me standing at the chalk board holding a ruler. On the board is written,
Imaginary
The dragon
is imaginary
Next to me is a chair with my name on it. It is so sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment