Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Summer is here?

I got a big shock yesterday. I opened a box of thermometers in preparation for a 9th grade lab (burning a peanut - how cool is that?), to discover that they all read 96 deg. F. Are these thermometers working? I thought they might be hot from sitting in the box, so I left one out on my desk. A while later - 96 deg. I asked the 7th graders if it was summer yet. "No, not yet."

We are lucky that the weather cools down at night. We've created a screen door out of a sheer curtain so we can leave the door open in the evening. Strangely, it doesn't feel that hot. I am lucky that I only have 2 classes after lunch. It's no wonder school starts at 7 and ends by 2:30. Is there really any learning happening from about 1 p.m. on?

1 comment:

  1. Amy and Alex, I laughed so hard when I read about your experiences at the rodeo that I almost fell off my chair.

    You're having such a wonderful experience. Hope you are also journaling.

    If you don't mind, I'm sending your blog to my friend who lives in British Honduras as well as my daughter, Diane, who thought they would like to teach and such in a foreign country. She's your age, Amy, but thinks it might be too much of a hassle?

    Love you both, marilyn

    ReplyDelete